Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Seneca Camera UMO shutter&lens circa ... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Seneca Camera UMO shutter&lens circa 1890 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Carl

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, January 18, 2005 - 03:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Having taken apart a seneca uma lens circa 1898 to clean works I found that the aperature diaphram was a group of blades with no pivit pin.One of the blades was sticking but none are torn what ever oil they used on it had congieled (sp?)any one know how they go back in the shutter works without them. I have already timed the shutter and can use it on one of my graflex but want to replace the bellow and use it as it once was. They are flat round pieces with eliptics on both ends as long as a half dollor or pound coin is wide and about as thin as 80 lb paper and look like little handle bar mustashes. Also, does anyone know where to get new bellows? Turner Bellows wants premium to fab one even though they must have made most of the original stuff. This is a 120 camera and stops down to f-64

Dan Mitchell

Posted on Thursday, January 20, 2005 - 10:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do the blades have a hole punched in the end? On many American made shutters the end of the blade is punched out and the raised portion of the hole in the blade fits into a hole or slot in the diaphragm control ring.

As for bellows, I have been making my own for several months now. It's tedious but not that difficult. Once you realize the amount of labor involved in making a bellows by hand, you can understand why commercial bellows makers can charge what they do. :) You may be able to find a new-old-stock that will fit. I think Winfried said he has a source for some bellows.

Carl

Posted on Friday, January 21, 2005 - 12:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

no holes. That is why it is so hard to put them together again

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration