Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Olympus om2 spot program partial mete... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Olympus om2 spot program partial metering failure « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

donald kidd

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, January 19, 2005 - 10:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

the 6 ev bars in the lcd display from 13 to 18 incl., numbering from the bottom, do not light. {the six bars are those centred on the manual exp arrows}. sometimes they barely flicker. the fault is mode independant. it is not the fault of the lcd, but the signal bus etc. something is pinning these 6 bars low. problem is, i have a suspicion that whenever the metering falls in this zone then i get a nil exposure if i take a photo. {i have had the lcd display out, cleaned the conductive strip and so on..}. i have washed and cleaned the boards. i am quite happy dismantling the thing - it is back together at the moment, working but still with this fault. any ideas? i love this camera, have zuiko lenses, and do not wish to discard it....
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

d kidd

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, January 24, 2005 - 06:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

sigh...no advice forthcoming...k..update. i originally dropped the thing in a river, dunno, why...the water was pure, but it took about a half minute to rip off the cover, open the camera and tear out the film. i then put the open camera, minus lens, back in the water to flush it. dried it over 3 days. but i notice beneath one of the ic's [ the cpu] there is a small part of the ic cover not sealed down. i would like to inject a flushing fluid to dissolve any salts inside. just water?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration