Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Praktica Super TL 1000 - Automatic sh... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Praktica Super TL 1000 - Automatic shutter release when winding. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Yudira Mulder

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, January 20, 2005 - 01:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My Praktica Super TL 1000 have problem, the shutter runs automatically when winding, and the mirror stays flip, as the result the viewfinder went dark. Spotted also the curtain stays open. Anyone can help me please ? No camera service center can fix this problem, so I have decided to check it my self. After releasing several screws, I do not know how to open the top cover. Is there any picture or repair/service manual that can help me through this trouble ? Thank you in advance ...

Regard
YM
email address : yudiram(a)yahoo.com

Marek Lewandowski

Posted on Thursday, January 20, 2005 - 08:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

have a look into the 'camera articles' section of this page. Most of the notes on Praktica MTL3 should apply if not all of them...

Tamste

Posted on Saturday, April 23, 2005 - 02:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a similar problem with a Praktica Super TL2 where during the wind on / cocking procedure the shutter lower blades move (top blades do not appear to move during procedure) but then trigger leaving the light path open. At the same time there is no movement in the mirror which remains in its raised state throughout.

Has anyone else had experience of this type of fault?

Stephen Grayson

Posted on Sunday, April 24, 2005 - 09:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Update: Remember this is a Praktica Super TL2

Shutter blades now move OK, but.......

When I use the wind on lever the shutter blades start to cock then release before the end of the stroke. In addition, the mirror does not drop down and the cocking procedure does not complete (can continue to wind again).
If I push back the semicircular ring just inside the lens mount before cocking, and manually release the mirror, the camera will cock and fire corectly.

Any ideas as to what this may be gratefully received.

I have stripped the camera bottom off, and most of the top. I am just stuck on removing the screw for the winding / cocking lever which won't budge.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration