Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

AAkash Industries Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » AAkash Industries « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

David Ritchie

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, January 20, 2005 - 02:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have seen several complaints about spam e mail from this company, but do not recall reading anything about experience good or bad when ordering a part. They appear to be filling a niche market and slowly but surely offering parts no longer available elsewhere. Can anyone offer a comment based on experience?

rick

Posted on Thursday, January 20, 2005 - 05:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i've put out this same request in a couple of places, no response so far. guess they're not getting rich off of us just yet. i may buy something i don't really need one of these days just to find out what the experience is like.

: ) =

Mike

Posted on Thursday, January 20, 2005 - 06:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have ordered from them twice.

Here are my observations:

They seem honest and very committed to the parts market. I have paid via PayPal and received my order by registered mail or DHL courier in about a week. Items were carefully packed. Minimum shipping charge to the US seems to be $10USD but you can get a lot of parts shipped for that rate. It's not worthwile to order just a lenscap or a wind lever tip for your SRT101. Their english is OK but they are going to make some mistakes, which they will correct. They sent free samples of parts with each order I received.

Cosmetically, some parts leave a lot to be desired, while others approach OEM standards. I think they probably all are serviceable. Much of their parts stock is targeted to the repair of what were expensive point-and-shoot 35mm cameras of several years ago. There must be a market in India for the repair of these cameras, which are little used much now and never repaired here.

If this doesn't sound like a ringing endorsement, it isn't. But I will be ordering from them again. The prices are so ridiculously low that a disappointment now and then isn't going to break your heart or your wallet. They seem to be trying very hard at this. They just don't understand their non-Indian market yet. Perhaps we can help them understand. So now you know that someone has taken the plunge and survived.

David Ritchie

Posted on Thursday, January 20, 2005 - 07:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for your imput Mike. I had an idea that they are just as you state. I need a battery cover for a Minolta Flashmeter III, and do not see it listed. However, I have sent an e mail to see what sort of reply I might get. Very early on when they started, they were inclined to make anything you wanted if they had a part to copy. I'll post their reply on my request.

Berk Sirman

Posted on Friday, January 21, 2005 - 03:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I wonder if they can make the problematic counter ratchet for Kodak Retina I/IIa. I need one and do not want to pay $45 or somethig for it on microtools.

rick oleson

Posted on Friday, January 21, 2005 - 06:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks very much, Mike. I'm glad they're there, it's a service very few people are providing.

rick : ) =

Jan Dvorak

Posted on Friday, January 21, 2005 - 08:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I was trying to find them through Google, but only found links to their eBay site. Do they have their own web site?

Thanks,

Jan

David Ritchie

Posted on Friday, January 21, 2005 - 09:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Their web site is:
www.aakaskkindustries.com

Jan Dvorak

Posted on Friday, January 21, 2005 - 12:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks David,

The correct site is:

http://www.aakashindustries.com/

M Currie

Posted on Friday, January 21, 2005 - 12:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I wonder if they can start making aperture baseplates for Minolta Maxxumms. That seems to be a killer for the early Maxxumms, which can now be gotten for nearly nothing when that part goes.

paul ron

Posted on Tuesday, January 25, 2005 - 05:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I e-mailed them not too long ago to get a mailing address so I wouldn't have to order online and got a responce today.

Their mailing address is...

Aakash Industries
S.C.F. 27, Sector 27C
CHANDIGARH (U.T.)
INDIA PIN 160019
TEL. +91-172 5074226

If this helps at all.....

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration