Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Yashica fr problem Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Yashica fr problem « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

mike

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, January 26, 2005 - 06:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

When loading film the film advance arm will not move or advance film.....Any ideas????????

Mike

Posted on Wednesday, January 26, 2005 - 07:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sorry, but I need to ask- does the battery check light come on when you press the check button?

mike

Posted on Wednesday, January 26, 2005 - 07:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes, just put a new one in...

Mike

Posted on Wednesday, January 26, 2005 - 09:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are you ready to take the camera apart?

mike

Posted on Thursday, January 27, 2005 - 05:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm pretty mechanically inclined if thats what you mean.....Can you help?

Mike

Posted on Friday, January 28, 2005 - 02:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

We'll start by taking off the bottom plate. I'll have to email you the reference photo over the weekend since I can't post it here.

mike

Posted on Saturday, January 29, 2005 - 07:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks, whenever you get a chance...greatly appreciated!!!!!

Randy

Posted on Wednesday, June 29, 2005 - 08:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, I just got a really clean Yashica FR with 1.7 lens off of ebay for $16 and the winder is stuck like it's already cocked but I can't get it to fire. Could someone send me the tech tips on unjamming the shutter.
Thanks Randy in GA [email protected]

Gary

Posted on Thursday, June 30, 2005 - 09:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a Yashica FR-I with a similar problem. With a good battery it will sometimes wind and fire a few times. Then all of a sudden it winds and I press the electro-magnetic trigger button and....nothing happens. I wait maybe a minute, press again, and it fires. These post classic era electronic wonders will often make one wonder! The manufacturers apparently solved one problem (or did they?) just to create others. Anyway, I pulled off the top & bottom plates but the complexity of the camera kind of overwhelmed my senses which are pegged to the all-metal all-mechanical past. On a Canon AE-1 there is a readily accessible release magnet in the bottom end. Maybe Yashica FR uses a similar solution? I looked for repair tips on the Internet and elsewhere without success. FR series offers some nice features. Not an inexpensive camera from the looks and feel of it. Let's hope a good answer or two will come along and professional intervention @ $100 plus is not required!

Mike

Posted on Friday, July 01, 2005 - 03:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

On all the FR series (and the Contax RTS) the release magnet is at the bottom on the rewind side. It is usually yellow or green. You can manually release the shutter there. If you can wind and release manually, you have an electrical problem. The self timer is mechanical but closes a switch to release the shutter. If it works, but the shutter release button does not, or is intermittent, you have isolated the problem to the release button switch.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration