Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Konica C35 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Konica C35 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Clayton

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, January 29, 2005 - 08:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Several years ago I found a Konica C35 camera. I guess someone just put it down and walked away, maybe because it wouldn't work. I don't know why I kept it but I did. I have often wondered what is wrong with it and if it is worth repairing. Here is what I know. It doesn't have a battery. The film advance lever seems to be locked in the same manner my Minolita X570 is before the shutter is released. The shutter release button is in a down position compared to pictures I have seen of the camera on the web. It will go down a bit more if you press on it, but the shutter will not snap. Other than that the camera appears in good shape as the lens looks good and the body has no dents or damage. I guess I'm wondering if a battery is all it needs?

Niko

Posted on Sunday, January 30, 2005 - 12:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"I guess I'm wondering if a battery is all it needs?"

I´m afraid the problem with your camera is not that simple... The C35 should fire the shutter without the battery (1/30th @ 2.8). Other than that, sorry i can´t help :/

But if i were you (and had even some experience with repairing cameras) i would try to disassemble it a bit and see if i could find a problem ! You can buy one in a working order for such a cheap price, that it wouldn´t be a big loss if you couldn´t get it repaired. IMO, it´s a great camera. There´s something different in the pictures that this little Hexanon produces :)

Niko

WernerJB

Posted on Sunday, January 30, 2005 - 05:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Clayton,
often these 35mm compact cameras (Revues, Konicas, GAFs, Cosinas, etc, all the same inside) simply don't work because they are dirty (goo, grime, corrosion, sand) inside, in very many cases due to a leaking battery, EVEN IF THE BATT. CHAMBER LOOKS PRISTINE ! What seems to be a complex "EE" or "automatic" camera shutter is a cleverly designed fully mechanical arrangement of levers & springs plus a needle trap light meter. Take my advice, if there's nothing to lose, remove the top cover and the bottom plate, peel down the leatherette, desolder the few cables, remove the RF array, and last but not least, the front plate with lens and shutter. Take notes while disassembling, as you will forget about the makeup. You have to be extra careful not to unhook or, what is worse, of course, lose any springs, especially the tiny x-shaped one at the bottom end of the shutter mechanism close to the "wheel", which is responsible for the opening of the aperture plus the exposure time ("program shutter": exp. time and aperture are in a predefined ratio). Trust your instincts and hunches: with just a bit oif talent you can't go wrong, and if: so what? After cleaning everything and inspecting the cables reassemble everything: the result will be a very fine pocketable camera with a first class lens !

Winfried

Posted on Sunday, January 30, 2005 - 09:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

In which position is the self-timer lever? I once received a 'broken' C35 which returned to full operation after tweeking the self-timer mechanism (which partially is accessible via the bottom plate) - the shutter release was in its down position and snapped back after tweaking. Sometimes it's just a gummed self timer gear - some drops of lighter fluid should solve the problem.

Clayton

Posted on Sunday, January 30, 2005 - 12:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for the replies. Ever since I found the camera I have toyed with the idea of taking it apart to try to find the trouble. This is due to a fascination I have with all things mechanical, and while I'm pretty good at fixing most things I've never tried to work on a camera before. I have this vision of hundreds of little tiny parts being in there which does intimidate me a little. Winfried: the self timer lever works, but not well. About half way through it's stroke it stops, a little nudge and it will finish against the lenses barrel. As for having a go at it I think I will if I can figure out how to get it apart. I can see how to get the bottom plate off, but getting the top off looks more complicated. I don't have a clue on how to get the lense off.

Sam

Posted on Saturday, February 12, 2005 - 02:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,

My konica c-35 AF is in good condition except built-in flash light. Even if I put a pair of new batteries, the camera cannot be charged. I guess that the reason is the camera hasn't been used for a long time. Is there anyone know how to fix the problem?

Thanks,

Ron

Posted on Saturday, April 16, 2005 - 06:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Anyone knows who can repair an old K C-35 light meter? Everything else works fine except an erratic light meter....

Thanks!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration