Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

OM 1 dead meter Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » OM 1 dead meter « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Fredrik Kempe

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, January 30, 2005 - 03:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi! I could use some advice on OM 1 meters. Picked up two OM 1 houses recently. Both seems to have exactly the same problem. Dead meters. Oterwise both are mechanically sound. So far I have removed the bottom of both to check for problems with the battery compartment. Doesn't seem to be it (using type 675 zink-air battery for hearin aids at 1.4v).

On one of them I took the top of and measured the small pcb. There is voltage there, the on/off switch works, voltage to galvanometer changes with light.

My conclusion it that the galvanometer is broken. Or the wire from the pcb to the galvanometer. Read somwhere when browsing throug the old threads in this forum that it could be the grounding screw of the galvanometer. Sounds plausible. How do I identify this then?

Is it well adviced to take the galvanometer out for further checking? How do I go about it?

All advice on this and your expeciences fixing OM1 meters is much appreciatet.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration