Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Flexaret automat VI dismantle problem Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Flexaret automat VI dismantle problem « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Alexander S.

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, January 31, 2005 - 10:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Everyone!

Im new to the forum and also to photography. Just got an old Flexaret Automat VI which Id like to dismantle and clean the lenses as well as that glas s on top of it.

I hae removed a couple of VERY small screws on the front "panel" that were visible and now this panel (below the lense) can move a bit but I cannot do anything except that.

How does one disassemble this camera, do I need to unscrew the lense or something? What tools might I need besides "normal" ones?

Thanx all and greets from Croatia!
Alex

Roman Dubravsky

Posted on Tuesday, February 01, 2005 - 03:16 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello Alex,

If I remember it correctly:

You have to peel leatherette around of lenses and unscrew screws which are hide under leatherette.
For release whole assembly of shutter and main lens you have to release ring around of lens in internal side of camera. You will need tool called in english "spanner wrench". See on, for example, Microtools www.micro-tools.com, how it looks. The same tool you will need for release glass elements from lens assembly.
For cleaning mirror and groundglass you have to dismount panel with writing "flexaret". Screws are hide beyond holes in top of front board (under leatherette).
Attention: clean groundglass very carefuly, lines there are only painted, not engraved! Color is dissolved almost any cleaning liquid! Clean only by warm water with detergent or in UHF cleaning machine. Mirror is oriented by metal mirroring surface up!

Good Luck!

Roger Titus

Posted on Thursday, February 10, 2005 - 07:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a pentax k1000 and its corresponding lens, my zoom 70-210 given me dull pictures with no contrast,I took it to a camera cleaner and he said that the lens had become foggy and nothing could be done about it and I had to go in for a new lens.Can the lens be cleaned and how to open a lens,I would like to learn how to open a lens.
please tell me the procedure and the tools required.
Thanks,
Roger.

Roman Dubravsky

Posted on Monday, February 14, 2005 - 12:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello Roger,
it is very probably than your lens can be disassembled and cleaned. Unfortunately every lens is a bit different so I can't give a general advice. Look for internet for lens diassembly guides with pictures.

Good Luck!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration