Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Olympus RD - meter off by two steps Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Olympus RD - meter off by two steps « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Fredrik Kempe

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, February 01, 2005 - 05:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just bought a nice looking RD. Everything works. But the meter is off by about two steps. Reads f8 when it should be f4 and so forth.
Using a 1.4v zink-air battery - so the voltage should be about right.

Is this a known problem with the RD? Does anyone have a tip on how to diagnose and fix?

/Fredrik
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Winfried

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, February 02, 2005 - 12:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It seems as if the meter of my 35RD is one step off. I have shot one roll with it two years ago but can't remember whether I compensated this by setting the ASA dial.

However, different from the 35RC where you can simply turn the galvanometer base there is no such adjustment feature in the 35RD. You can try to figure out the resistor circuitry under the bottom plate and use other resistor values (i.e. replace them by variable resistors, set the meter correctly and then use fixed value resistors).

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration