Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Olympus OM-2 winding problem Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Olympus OM-2 winding problem « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

J G

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, February 01, 2005 - 05:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I was outside taking pictures and I wound on my camera after the film was finished and it made this grinding noise so being curious I tried to see if it would do it again before realising my film was finished. Now the winding lever gets to a point and won't budge. So I am unable to wind on film. Any ideas for fixing this?

P Laskey

Posted on Wednesday, February 02, 2005 - 06:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sounds as though something has broken. You probably need to find a qualified repairer for this, a search on google would turn up quite a few dealing with earlier cameras.
PL

Martin

Posted on Wednesday, February 02, 2005 - 11:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can you press the film release and rewind your film? Afterwards, you should then be able to complete the film advance stroke and trip the shutter. Does the noise continue when there is no film in the camera?

Pat

Posted on Thursday, March 10, 2005 - 07:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have the same problem -- can't move the film advance level beyond half way and the shutter does not trip. Anybody figure this out?

Alex

Posted on Monday, April 11, 2005 - 12:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I had this same problem. I own an OM2-n, so perhaps the OM2 has the same issue. There is a mirror lock function on the camera when the batteries are taken out or replaced, which causes the shutter and film advance lever to lock. Just move the "manual/auto" switch to check/reset and the mirror should snap back down, provided the batteries are not dead or installed improperly. Hope this solves the problem. For more info, see the OM2-n owners manual, page 8.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration