Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Vivitar 250SL shutter speed dial Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Vivitar 250SL shutter speed dial « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

David

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, February 01, 2005 - 08:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I believe this camera is made by Chinon. Hardly a classic, but maybe someone knows how to fix this problem. The marker does not point to a shutter speed on the click stops, it points between two speeds, so its difficult to tell which speed is set. There are two tiny holes in the middle of the shutter speed dial and two small screws on the sides of the shutter speed dial. Does anyone know how this can be corrected without messing up the film speed setting which is also in the dial.

steve

Posted on Wednesday, February 02, 2005 - 05:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i need help cleaning the entire lens on an old monolta 110 zoom slr (not a mark)
there is dirt down inside the lense i got past the first4 lenses and had to stop after the lense that has the collar with the 2 indents in the lock ring.
i would need very detailed step by step instructions as this camera works fine, and i dont want to mess it up.
can anyone help?
the service manual doesnt seem to break the lens down far enough .

P Laskey

Posted on Wednesday, February 02, 2005 - 06:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This is an answer to the first question... the dial has probably slipped. The two small holes in the top are for a pin spanner, use a small, worn pair of scissors (carefully) to loosen this, it should then be possible to move the dial - usually only a thin metal disc - to its correct position. Don't loosen the screws on the sides as these very likely hold the mechanism in place. In answer to the second question, if the dirt isn't serious it probably won't affect the image.
PL

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration