Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Mamiya NC1000 or NC-1000 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Mamiya NC1000 or NC-1000 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Paul Shinkawa

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, February 03, 2005 - 08:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am trying to remove the top cover of this camera. There seems to be something in the center near the prism that is holding it down. I successfully removed the rewind crank plus the two screws underneath and the advance crank as well as the single screw on the right. Typically the accessory shoe is not involved in securing the top, or is it?

-Paul
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mick

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, February 04, 2005 - 02:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I took a Mamiya Dsx1000 top off some years ago. I did have to remove the top of the speed dial, the dial (button) comes away from the spindle. Some care has to be taken as connectivity is by chain running off a card disk which just sits immediately below the the top and is tensioned. Its pure murder putting it back correctly.... and getting all settings right. The second time I needed to do same repair(failure of the plastic chain running wheels .... chain cuts them up) I ditched the camera....

If its the same, wish you luck, you will need it.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration