Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Halina 35x lens barrel needs tightening Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Halina 35x lens barrel needs tightening « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Terry Scott

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, February 04, 2005 - 11:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just bought a Halina 35x via eBay. Cost all of 2.20 Pounds!

Well, the lens barrel is a bit sloppy, which takes in focusing, aperture and shutter rings.

Does anyone know how to get into this camera to tighten things up?

BTW, the first 35mm camera I had, in 1963, was a Halina 35x - so there's a bit of sentiment here. It'd be nice to have this one 100%.

Thanks for any tips!

Terry

Francis Otto

Posted on Friday, February 04, 2005 - 01:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

...good little cameras, I believe, with a Tessar-type lens and Leica-ish body - worth at least £3.50!
Francis
p.s. Have you checked for loosened screws on the periphery of the focus/aperture ...

Terry Scott

Posted on Friday, February 04, 2005 - 03:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for the thought, Francis:

"Have you checked for loosened screws on the periphery of the focus/aperture..."

Yes - there are three small screws around the focusing ring. As well, there are three larger ones inside the dark chamber. All are tight.

None of them affects the stability of the lens mount.

Occasionally, I've come across cameras (a cheap cine camera is an example, of indeterminate parentage) that, surely, were meant never to be dis-assembled once they'd been put together. Well, maybe this little Halina is such a beast.

But I'm still hoping someone knows the magic trick...!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration