Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Electro 35 GTN focus problem Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Electro 35 GTN focus problem « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Allan Brown

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, February 04, 2005 - 02:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have two electro 35's. On the first one, a GT, the focus ring passes past 0.8m and infinity as does the rangefinder. At each end it feels mushy. Is this common?

I did a focus ring and rangefinder calibration and it is working OK.

The second one, a GTN, the focus ring comes to a solid stop at each end. It goes just past the 0.8m but does not go to infinity. It stops just to the right of the 6m.

I put a ground glass on the back and I am not sure the lens is focusing to infinity. Also, the rangefinder was way off.

I set the ring to read infinity but at 1.5m it was way off. So I set the focus to 1.5m and adjusted the rangefinder. At 6M it was way off.

I don't think the camera has been dropped and is working otherwise.

Any ideas?

thanks

Allan

Azazello

Posted on Friday, February 04, 2005 - 11:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm not much help, but I can say that "mushy" is probably not right. Your GTN may have been frozen from grease, try heating it with a hair drying and seeing if it moves. Don't force it too hard.

Allan Brown

Posted on Sunday, February 06, 2005 - 08:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I guess I did'nt say that the GTN focus is very smooth and feels normal. It just won't go to the infinity position.

Allan

M.Yonezawa

Posted on Monday, February 07, 2005 - 07:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello Allan;

It is possible that something exist in the gap disturb lens barrel movement.

Refer to:
http://album.nikon-image.com/nk/NImageAlbum.asp?pos=4&key=243.197841&un=67169&m=0&pos0=1&cnt=1449

http://album.nikon-image.com/nk/NImageAlbum.asp?pos=5&key=243.197841&un=67169&m=0&pos0=1&cnt=1526

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration