Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Konica Auto S2 Mirror placement range... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Konica Auto S2 Mirror placement range finder. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Smiffy

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, February 05, 2005 - 05:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have removed the top plate and found that the range finder mirror,was infact unglued and floating around the inside. I have tried to attatch it a few times to its post,but when looking through the view finder. The square is off center. What should the image look like ? Is the mirror placed verticaly or horizontaly on the post? or am I doing somthing wrong HELP PLEASE.
Smiffy.

Ken H

Posted on Saturday, February 05, 2005 - 05:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello Smiffy
The mirror is glued horizontally to the post.
First remove carefully any glue from the back of the mirror and also clean the post where it mounts. You will notice there is a beveled edge on the mirror, this goes on the bottom when you glue it to the post. After it dries, then the vertical & horizontal alignment will need to be adjusted. The vertical adjustment is a screw that is located right behind the mirror and the horizontal adjustment is thru a small hole just below the back viewfinder glass.
Ken H

Smiffy

Posted on Sunday, February 06, 2005 - 02:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank you I will attempt it this evening.What sort of image will I, or should I see when it is in place? And does the battery play any part in the process. Also can the post be taken out for cleaning purposes? thanks smiffy.

Ken H

Posted on Sunday, February 06, 2005 - 07:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The Battery plays no part in this process and I have never removed the mounting post as this may be more involved. When you look thru viewfinder, you will see a yellow rectangular image when this small mirror is properly mounted to the post. I use a pair of tweezers to hold the mirror, gripping it at each end and I try to set the top of the mirror about even with top of post and level. Make sure that the bevel edge of mirror is located at the bottom and towards mounting post.
I use a superglue in the gel form, put a small amount on back of mirror and set on post, the gel glue gives a little bit of time to get the mirror positioned correctly.

Smiffy

Posted on Sunday, February 06, 2005 - 08:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Ken. I am just starting out in this sort of thing.And find it strangely enjoyable. Cheers. Graham.

Ken H

Posted on Sunday, February 06, 2005 - 04:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The Battery plays no part in this process and I have never removed the mounting post as this may be more involved. When you look thru viewfinder, you will see a yellow rectangular image when this small mirror is properly mounted to the post. I use a pair of tweezers to hold the mirror, gripping it at each end and I try to set the top of the mirror about even with top of post and level. Make sure that the bevel edge of mirror is located at the bottom and towards mounting post.
I use a superglue in the gel form, put a small amount on back of mirror and set on post, the gel glue gives a little bit of time to get the mirror positioned correctly. The mirror coming off is a common problem with Konica S2's.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration