Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Rangefinder adjustment for Zeiss Ikon... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Rangefinder adjustment for Zeiss Ikon Contessa « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Lasse Ekendahl

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, February 06, 2005 - 06:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello!
I just bought a Contessa (so called dreamcontessa) but to my disappointment the rangefinder is out of alignment . Is there anyone in the world who knows how to adjust the rangefinder without spoiling the camera I would be very greatful to know.
Very Best Regards
Lasse Ekendahl
Stockholm
Sweden
PS Where can on the Internet can I get a manual for this camera?
DS

Ezio

Posted on Monday, February 07, 2005 - 04:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Having tried to do exactly what you need to, with markedly unsuccessful results, I would not wonder into any suggestion. However if you want a scanned copy of my manual just contact me.

Rob

Posted on Tuesday, February 08, 2005 - 11:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Adjust the focus to minimum focus where the knob on the focusing ring sits at F16 on the depth of field scale. Remove the two knobs (they are attached with two very small screws. Slip off the index ring. There are three small screws holding the focusing ring to the lens element. If your camera is focusing short, then turn the lens into the camera a little. If it is focusing long, then turn the lens out a little. Put the focus ring back on the way you took it off (reference f16 mark). I fixed my friend's this way last week. Someone mis installed the focus ring.

Marco

Posted on Wednesday, February 09, 2005 - 08:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am going to assume you are talking about the folding contessa....the extension at the 12 o clock position contains two circular prisms each with their own set of teeth. These couple to the front element of the tessar lens. As you rotate it the two prisms move the RF image....

Remove the front element as stated in the previous posting and you will see the gearing for the two prisms. From this point on it's very much a game of methodical trial and error...first reposition the front element and understand exactly where infinity position is by using any of the methods described on the Web for checking back focus. Then the trial and error being by slowly rotating the prism so to change the RF Patch....

good luck!

Ed

Posted on Thursday, February 10, 2005 - 07:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

if you do what Rob says you are correcting the problem by changing the lens focus--not really what you want to do--do as Marco says

Lasse Ekendahl

Posted on Friday, February 11, 2005 - 02:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

To avoid misunderstandings I will stress that the camera is a Zeiss Ikon Contessa modelnúmber 533/24. There is a slight misalignment when it is focused on "oo". So the rangefinder must be adjusted somehow.
Lasse

Lars Anders

Posted on Monday, February 21, 2005 - 01:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello !
I Just purchased a Kiev 4A , (Contaxcopy) Unfortunately the rangefinder is out of alignment. Do you know how to adjust the rangefinder without ruining the camera??
I would be very obliged if I can get the slightest help from you or a suggestion of where I can found support.
Very Best Regards
Lasse Ekendahl

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration