Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Ricoh XR-S. Info wanted please Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Ricoh XR-S. Info wanted please « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Stuart Willis

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, February 07, 2005 - 04:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I recently acquired a near mint sample of the XR-S but a couple of things are not making sense to me. Before one can determine what might need fixing one needs to know exactly what a couple of buttons are "supposed" to do. Cannot find a downloadable User Manual anywhere on the Net.

If there is anyone out there with such a camera model I would be most grateful if he/she would field a couple of questions from me.

Stuart Willis
[email protected]

Brian Walters

Posted on Tuesday, February 08, 2005 - 05:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Stuart

I don't have either this model or a user manual but I do have a review published in a magazine when the camera first came out. Whether it will help I don't know but if you list your questions I'll take a look.

Brian

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Brian Walters
Western Sydney Australia

Stuart Willis

Posted on Wednesday, February 09, 2005 - 06:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thankyou Brian.
Perchance I found the information which I was seeking so I won't encumber you.
One of the interesting elements is that this "first in the world" solar battery top-up SLR required a special rechargable battery (although it will work OK in non-solar-charge mode with 2 x SR44 Silver Oxides.

The batteries are no longer available because the marketplace effectively told Ricoh to stuff them in a dark place where daylight is never seen.
At $100 a pop - that's hardly a surprise.
In response - Ricoh apparently further hiked the price and thus effectively killed off the concept.

Best

Stuart Willis

Reinhard Pohl

Posted on Thursday, June 09, 2005 - 02:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If you look at http://www.butkus.org/chinon/xr-7/xr-7-splash.htm there is an online manual for the XR-7, I think it is the same camera as the XR-S, just without the solar. The rechargable battery in the XR-S has a bulge on the side witch pushes a switch inside the camera allowing it to be recharged. The normal (not rechargable) cells do not have this bulge and thus there is no danger of them beig charged by the camera. I have replaced the original rechargable cell with a CR1/3N Li-Mn bcell, works fine. Guess I now have a XR-S ;)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration