Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Faulty Shutter.... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Faulty Shutter.... « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Robert

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, February 08, 2005 - 08:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well !..., I hope there are people reading these messages ?!....

'cause..., so far.., I'm "Bating 0 for 3" !.., with my repairs/restaurations !!.... (o_o) !!...

See previous messages !?... First, my "Mamiya ZE2" gave me a hard time !!.., then, my Argus Matchmatic knob !!...

And now for third, it's the "apertume blades", on my "Zeiss Ikon - Netta".., that stays half open everytimes I cock the Vario shutter at any speed !?..., and get stuck and won't fire !?....

Any help..., very well welcome !!... "please"..., because I can't even find any informations elsewhere !!....

Regards...
Robert.

Winfried

Posted on Wednesday, February 09, 2005 - 12:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You can check

www.robertandcaroline.co.uk

On their Isolette pages they have instructions how to clean Prontor shutters. The Vario is the most simple variety of these.

On many Prontor/Pronto/Vario shutters the shutter blades are terribly gummed up. Sometimes cleaning them from outside does not help, and you have to remove the aperture assembly to get to the blades and clean each of them.

Robert

Posted on Wednesday, February 09, 2005 - 04:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello !!.., again.., Winfred !!...

Tks !!.., for your input !!.., but:
The reference WEB page address is incorrect, I'm getting a message from the Webmaster saying, that this web page does not exist ?!... Bizarre !?...

Also, originally, I mentionned it was "A Vario Shutter" !!.., and in fact, it's "A VELIO Shutter" !!.., and the lens is : "NOVAR-ANASTIGMAT, 75mm/4.5" !!... Surely different than "VARIO" !!...

The blades are pretty clean !!.., but when I cock the shutter arm, there's not that little lock in place sound..., maybe I'm missing a lock spring.., or adjustement screws may be too thight in some ways !!...

Last.., but not least, "lighter fluid" ease hing around when applied.., but once evaporated, I'm back to square one !?....

Regards....
R........

Winfried

Posted on Wednesday, February 09, 2005 - 06:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Actually the correct link is

www.rolandandcaroline.co.uk

Otherwise I don't know about the Velio shutter, sorry.

Sometimes it seems as if the blades are clean and actually are not, I have encountered this several times.

Ed

Posted on Thursday, February 10, 2005 - 07:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

it sounds like maybe the arm that lock the cocking arm maybe bent and allowing the cocking lever to retrun lightly such that the blade open partially. Open it up and take a look.

Robert

Posted on Thursday, February 10, 2005 - 09:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"Ed" !!.., s'the Knowledge MAN !!.., of the hour !!... :-) !!...

Because to tell the truth, after numerous "guesstimating" !!., and sleepless hours, I've noticed "that little piece touching(rubbing sort of), along the coking arm".., that seems either loose, or not locking it-self in place properly, in the coking arm side notch !!... (o_o)...

The fact and the matter is, that the tip end of that little piece was indeed sort of bent(like once forced in) !!.., and not retaining(locking) the cock arm lever in place anymore.., therefore not keeping the shutter leaves shut tight !!....

Very often, it's little trouble shooting matters, are always a matter of pure common sence !!.., to figured them out, and, putting ourself in the mind frame of the original designer/inventor !!.., bring some answers !!...

Tks !!..., Mr. Ed !!... You just made my life a little bit easier today !!.... ;-) !!....

By the way.., any suggestions about "how to remove the "rewind knob" !!.., from a Argus Matchmatic ?!....

Very Best Regards !!....
R..........

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration