Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Pentax spotmatic mirror return turned... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Pentax spotmatic mirror return turned shutter curtain problem « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

brendan welsh

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, February 10, 2005 - 07:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

my pentax spotmatic worked fine on 1000 and 500 shutter speeds as well as on 15 through B. but on 250 through 30 the camera would wind and the shutter would not fire. the only way to get the shutter to fire after winding was to put a finger on either side of the shutter curtain and give it a gentle push through (towards the film cannister end of the body)i did this one to many times and now the f%#king shutter curtain is out of its track. please help.
Brendan

brendan

Posted on Thursday, February 10, 2005 - 07:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

(p.s.) i suppose this isnt really a mirror return problem since the shutter would never fire in the first place.

Ed

Posted on Friday, February 11, 2005 - 01:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It sounds like the curtain strap (s) have come of the roller. The only way I know to replace it is disassemble the camera and remove the mirror box so you can access the curtains--big job if you're not knowledgeable in camera work.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration