Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Pentax ME Super & exposure counter Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Pentax ME Super & exposure counter « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

John

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, February 15, 2005 - 08:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I recently purchased a Pentax ME Super camera from ebay to have a decent 35 mm camera to leave in the car for those "I wish I had a camera moments". Everything seems to function except for the exposure counter.

Also the film advance/rewind indicator stays solid orange and never changes to the stiped black/orange and the rewind button does not stay depressed when pushed.

I have another of the same model to compare this one to. I still have yet to shoot a roll of film through it b/c I'm not convinced that it works properly.

It seems like it advanced the frames properly, the shutter seems to fire at all exposure values and speeds, etc.

Can someone help me out with the above problems?

Haig Hovaness

Posted on Friday, February 18, 2005 - 12:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The ME Super is not an easy camera to repair. Most novices would have trouble getting the cap screw off the top of the wind lever, and the close spacing and delicate construction of the internal parts leaves very little room for clumsiness or error. If you really want to have a go at it, you will need a repair manual.

Since fully working ME Supers can be had on eBay for under $100, you would probably be better off just getting a working one and selling your defective ones for parts.

Rob

Posted on Thursday, March 17, 2005 - 10:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a Praktica Super TL with the same problem... the easiest solution is to keep a spare roll of film in a handy place. When you can't wind anymore, change the film...

henry

Posted on Friday, March 18, 2005 - 07:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If you are going to keep a camera in the glove box of your car it really should be a simple P&S. A 25 year old camera like the excellent little ME Super won't live long in that enviroment...and certainly won't be dependable enough to be ..well, dependable. It has too many moving parts.

Also the manual focus, etc will be too slow for "grab and catch" type photos you are talking about. Seriously, get a cheap P&S or even a throwaway camera. You'll be happier in the long run.

Henry

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration