Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Olympus 35 RD - dismantling shutter, ... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Olympus 35 RD - dismantling shutter, loose parts « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Richard Dickson

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, February 17, 2005 - 03:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have an RD with a stuck shutter. I removed the lens assembly from the body and a small lever and screw fell out. Can anyone identify these parts and where they come from. I have an image of these which I can email.

Also, when taking off the lens rings to get to the shutter the shutter speed ring ident ball dropped out, any hints on correct replacement appreciated.

Thanks
Richard

henry

Posted on Thursday, February 17, 2005 - 07:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Have you looked over my article? If not: https://kyp.hauslendale.com/classics/oly35rdcleaning.html

When you say you removed the lens from the body, do you mean the entire lens? Sure, send me the photo. I'll take a look to see if I can recognize it. I'm not a RD expert though.

Henry

Richard Diskcon

Posted on Sunday, February 20, 2005 - 03:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes I looked at the article before I dismantled it but I've now identified the parts which also expalains why the shutter was not firing.

The angled bracket slot fits into a ball attached to a disc which rotates when the shutter mechanism is triggered. This translates the motion through the spindle at the other end to open and close the shutter. This mechanism is at the back of the lens plate under the shutter release machinery.

The only problem is I have to figure a way to re-attach the screw to the spindle at it floats loose and have to get at the back of it to fix that end to apply pressure to the screw.

I have a photo if anyone is interested.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration