Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Yashica (Mat) TLR - spring on Sports ... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Yashica (Mat) TLR - spring on Sports finder flap « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Len

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, February 17, 2005 - 05:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,

Does anyone know how to 'load' the spring the returns the sports finder flap on the viewfinder of a Yashica-Mat TLR? I can assemble the thing ok but the Spring is not strong enough 'as' is, but it's hard to put a load on it and put it back in the correct position. Any ideas?

Regards,

Len

Tony Duell

Posted on Thursday, February 17, 2005 - 02:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've not seen this camera, but I am going to assume this is a torsion spring that fits round the hinge pin, roughly in the middle of the hinge. And that on either side of the spring the sections of the hinge are part of the same piece of metal.

In which case, a method I've had to use in the past involves making a short pin, same diameter as the real hinge pin, but short enough that it will fit inside those 2 sections of spring and the hinge. You can then wind up the spring by hand and use the short pin to hold it in that section of the hood (or whatever). Use the real hinge pin to push the short pin in place.

Then pute the 2 sections together, hooking the end of the spring in place. Push the hinge pin in, forcing out the short pin.

Len

Posted on Sunday, February 27, 2005 - 11:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks,

That's done the job. Nice tip.

Regards,

Len

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration