Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Battery for Sekonic Micro Clipon Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Battery for Sekonic Micro Clipon « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Melissa Risselada

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, February 20, 2005 - 08:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello, can't tell you how happy I am to find a website for these questions. I have a Sekonic Micro Clipon light meter for Pentax series cameras with no light meter and wondered if the 1.5V battery I found is going to work. I have heard the battery required for this little wonder is a different voltage and this one they make needs an adapter of some sort. Does anyone know? Thanks alot!
Melissa

Mark Pearce

Posted on Sunday, February 20, 2005 - 08:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I think that this uses the same meter movement as the Micro Junior shoe mount meter. If so, it was made for the PX13/625 mecurey battery of 1.35v. This opens an old can of worms here.
I have a couple of the Micro Juniors, and I've been using the last of my horded PX625s in them.

Melissa Risselada

Posted on Sunday, February 20, 2005 - 11:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Mark, thanks for responding. Yes, that's what I am afraid of that the 1.5 is too powerful, giving inaccurate readings, or so I have heard. I thought there was some kind of adapter out there which a person could use to change the available 625A /PX625/H-D/MR9, to the 1.35v.
Melissa

Brian Walters

Posted on Sunday, February 20, 2005 - 05:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Melissa

See the following link about an adapter. They aren't cheap but you only need one.

http://www.criscam.com/mr9.htm

Alternatively you can probably use 675 hearing aid batteries. These are smaller and only last a few months but they are cheap and have about the right voltage. They are also smaller in diameter than the 625 so you might need to put some non-conductive padding around the battery to hold it in position. I've successfully used hearing aid batteries in a couple of my cameras which were designed for the 625.

Cheers

Brian

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Brian walters
Western Sydney, Australia

greyhoundman

Posted on Monday, February 21, 2005 - 05:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have one of these meters. I use a #675 hearing aid battery. The meter has been accurate under the conditions in which I used it.

Mark Pearce

Posted on Monday, February 21, 2005 - 11:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Look at the bright side: the Pentax clip-on takes TWO PX 13/625.

Melissa

Posted on Friday, March 11, 2005 - 03:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank you everyone! I have found a bounty of choices here and I'm sorry I waited so long to let you know how you all helped! Melissa

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration