Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

OM10 focus issue? Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » OM10 focus issue? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

PH0001

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, February 21, 2005 - 02:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,
This is my first post here which I hope you can help with.
I've got this problem with the focus on my OM10. When I look through the view finder and I bring the image into sharp focus, you would expect to see the distance of the focus relected on the lens. But this doesn't happen on my camera.
I noticed this yesterday when I was taking a landscape picture. I got some far-away hills into focus and I discover that the lens indicates that the focus is 2.5 meters away. I expect it to be infinity. Something is clearly wrong.
Anyone know what this problem might be? And how easy would it be to repair?
Regards,
P.

rick oleson

Posted on Monday, February 21, 2005 - 06:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I assume this is your only lens? If not, try another lens and see if you get the same result.

Take a look at your photos when you get them back. Most likely, they will be out of focus, indicating that the scale on the lens was correct and the viewfinder was wrong. I would take a look at the mirror, and particularly at the little rest upon which it stops when in the down position. If there is a film chip or a piece of dirt on this rest, the mirror will not go down all the way to its correct position; this error would result in the viewfinder indicating infinity focus when the lens is actually set to a closer distance.

If you don't find anything obvious there, you should send it in for service.

Rick : ) =

PH0001

Posted on Wednesday, February 23, 2005 - 04:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It's the same issue with another lens.
There's a bit of dust alright when I look through the view finder, and I'll check the mirror this evening.
But, it looks like I have to send it in for a service. I just hope it doesn't end up costing as mush as the camera?!

Thanks again,
P.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration