Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

FAULTY SHUTTER RELEASE BUTTON ON CHIN... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » FAULTY SHUTTER RELEASE BUTTON ON CHINON CE-4 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

STEVE

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, February 22, 2005 - 02:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

HI
I HAVE GOT A CHINON CE-4 BUT THE SHUTTER RELEASE BUTTON WILL NOT DEPRESS TO FIRE THE SHUTTER. THE SHUTTER WILL FIRE OK USING A CABLE RELEASE. CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW TO REMOVE THE SHUTTER BUTTON AND SHUTTER SPEED SELECTOR TO SEE WHAT THE PROBLEM IS.I CANT SEEM TO SEE A "WAY IN "
HAS ANYONE HAD THIS PROBLEM OR ANY ADVICE TO OFFER

THANKS
STEVE

Jon Goodman

Posted on Tuesday, February 22, 2005 - 04:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, Steve.
Some of the Chinons used a collar type shutter button lock...yours may have one. Rotate it 90 degrees opposite where it currently is and see if that solves your problem.
Jon

Law Anderson

Posted on Wednesday, July 06, 2005 - 05:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm having exactly the same problem and unfortunately it doesn't have the collar type lock. As far as I know, the only shutter button lock is when the shutter speed selector is set to 'off'.

Any tips?

Thanks,
Law.

Philly

Posted on Sunday, September 04, 2005 - 07:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm not sure if mine has the collar type shutter button lock, and I'm still a beginner with these cameras, but I've had my CE-4 for just over a month now and the past couple weeks it has been acting up. I didn't know what was wrong at first, but gently rotating the shutter button seemed to work, so maybe that's all you have to do.

Philly

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration