Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Exposure counter on GL111 QL Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Exposure counter on GL111 QL « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Dennis Smith

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, February 23, 2005 - 07:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I picked up a nice canonet but am not able to figure out the frame counter. Is this supposed to reset to zero when the back is loaded or do you have to reset manually? Mine won't move off S. thank you for any advice. Dennis Smith

Jon Goodman

Posted on Wednesday, February 23, 2005 - 08:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It resets to S when the door is opened. When the door is closed, it should begin advancing as the shutter is cocked and fired. If yours is not doing this, the back might not be closing completely, or it could have been bent. Also, the mechanism inside may not be working properly for a couple of reasons. Can you give us some more clues?

Jon

Dennis Smith

Posted on Wednesday, February 23, 2005 - 10:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Not many. I tried opening the back and holding the reset with a tweezers, still no luck. I can't see anything bent or our of line. Does it need film in the camera to function? Thanks, Dennis

Winfried

Posted on Thursday, February 24, 2005 - 12:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

In some cases the protruding pin which resets the frame counter is blocked by particles of rotten light seal foam.

Also, maybe something is misbent internally, or the spiral spring which resets the dial is out of place. You will have to remove the top cover to check this.

The frame counter and the rest of the camera does NOT need a film inserted to work properly.

Dennis Smith

Posted on Thursday, February 24, 2005 - 07:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank you much. I'll check it out tonight. Thank you, Dennis

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration