Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Yashica Electro Pro exposure problem Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Yashica Electro Pro exposure problem « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

John

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, March 03, 2005 - 05:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You may notice that I have posted elsewhere for a replacement module for this camera, but I would appreciate any help that you guys can offer before I have to go that far.

I can only get a yellow light with this camera, regardless of light conditions or asa selected.

I have fitted a new battery, replaced the pad and cleaned the sliding contacts. I found the capacitor was the original at 3.9 uf, not having this odd value, I have tried 3.3 and 4.7, but it does not make any difference.

Checking the Cds cell shows that it does change resistance from full open to closed, and the range is from 3 to 200 Ohms - I cannot find any reference figures for this, does anyone know if this is correct? If the range should be 3 to 20,000 Ohms, I guess that could be a problem.

Failing this, I think a replacement module will be required.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration