Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Prontor-s shutter remains open after ... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Prontor-s shutter remains open after cocked? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Landrew Gomes

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, March 06, 2005 - 10:16 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The shutter springs back open after it is cocked uness the self timer is used but after the timer ends it is still 3/4 of the way open and does not continue to fire unless I nudge up the release notch? Has a spring broke? Can't seem to figure this one out

Any suggestions?

rick

Posted on Sunday, March 06, 2005 - 01:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does the shutter seem generally dirty and sticky? It sounds like the release pawl is sticking in the open position, and the blades and actuating ring are also sticky and dragging badly. if it's been cleaned recently, then it sounds like a reassembly problem.

landrew Gomes

Posted on Sunday, March 06, 2005 - 07:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have flushed it with lighter fluid and seems to be clean. Any suggestions on reassembly? How difficult is it to start pullin out the guts. Am I looking for a damaged spring?

Thanks for the quick response!

Dan Mitchell

Posted on Sunday, March 06, 2005 - 11:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Landrew, I sent you an e-mail with a new link that has additional information.
This is the Klio shutter that is the same as the Prontor-S. http://daniel.mitchell.name/cameras/klio/klio.html

It is possible that one of the springs is displaced or broken. But, like Rick said, it is most likely something that has not come clean yet. On those Agfas the grease is so thick that flushing doesn't always work.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration