Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Yashica-Mat focusing problem Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Yashica-Mat focusing problem « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Michael Frangos

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, March 08, 2005 - 07:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi
Last night I removed and cleaned the front and back groups of the taking lens (Yashinon 80/3.5) and now the focus is off. Should I have marked the location of the front part before removing? How can I fix it now?
All suggestions welcome.

regards

rick oleson

Posted on Tuesday, March 08, 2005 - 07:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The lens cells should go back in where they came from; maybe one of them isn't fully tight in the shutter.

Did you disturb anything in the focus system, or just remove the lens cells? Are you checking focus at infinity or at a closer distance, how far off is it and in which direction?

: ) =

Michael Frangos

Posted on Wednesday, March 09, 2005 - 06:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

No, I just removed the two cells for cleaning.

There might be a problem with the back cell. It's kept in place by a ring and maybe I did not screw it in properly.

I'm not sure about the focus. I just took some pictures to check the difference the clean glass would make (my subjects were from 2 to 50 meters dist.). I'll have to check the film again.

Michael

Michael Frangos

Posted on Wednesday, March 09, 2005 - 10:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Rick

Unfortunatelly the film is gone.

I guess I'll have to find something to use as focusing screen at the back of the camera and try to adjust focus that way.

rick

Posted on Wednesday, March 09, 2005 - 10:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Michael:

I use a microscope slide with a piece of frosted Scotch tape on the front side as a groundglass. I have some tips on adjusting infinity focus here, if it helps: http://rick_oleson.tripod.com/index-123.html

: ) =

Michael Frangos

Posted on Thursday, March 10, 2005 - 05:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Very helpful, as always, Rick.

Thank you very much!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration