Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Olympus OM-10 Shutter Speeds on "auto... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Olympus OM-10 Shutter Speeds on "auto" « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Bryan Haas

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, March 08, 2005 - 01:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have an Olympus OM-10. When on "auto" the shutter is slow. It does't do this if it is set on Manual Adapter. When comparing the two settings (auto vs manual adapter), the problem is most noticable at slower (less than 1/30 second) shutter speeds. I don't know yet if it also occurs at the faster speeds. i can't hear a difference, but I haven't exposed any pictures to tell for sure. I just had the shutter magnets cleaned to fix a slow shutter, so that shouldn't be an issue. I'm convinced the problem is with the "auto" setting. Any suggestions??
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

rick oleson

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, March 08, 2005 - 07:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are you checking the "AUTO" speeds with film in the camera?

The AUTO function in the OM10 reads the light reflecting off of the film. If there is no film in the camera, the sensor is trying to read light off of the black pressure plate, and you get long and erratic speeds. This is not an indication of anything wrong with the camera, it just needs film in it.

If you are having the problem in actual photographs, that's another thing.

rick : ) =

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration