Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Minolta X-700 Shutter Release Problem Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Minolta X-700 Shutter Release Problem « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Vizzy

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, March 09, 2005 - 09:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My 12 year-old Minolta X-700 recently started troubling me.Its shutter is behaving in a weird manner. Sometimes it works. Sometimes the shutter would not release. Changed batteries.But of no use. Sometimes I had to hold the button for a few seconds to release the shutter. I noticed that each time I press the button and rewind to get ready for another, the shutter is taking slightly longer time to fire than the previous shot. But that is also not happening always. And the camera stops functioning completely. Strangely the camera sometimes comes to life when I put it under sunlight for some time! Could it be due to capacitor or magnets or both?

M Currie

Posted on Wednesday, March 09, 2005 - 09:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"Strangely the camera sometimes comes to life when I put it under sunlight for some time!"

Maybe it has seasonal affective disorder.

Sorry. It's been a loooooong winter here in Vermont! Wish I could help you with your Minolta.

Jon Goodman

Posted on Thursday, March 10, 2005 - 01:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I would guess the shutter capacitor. Warming it could be causing the capacitor to work more correctly again. But, this is only a guess. I can not think of why the magnet would react to warming.
Jon

Garry

Posted on Saturday, March 12, 2005 - 02:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The problem you're describing is caused by the release magnet and replacing the capacitors will not necessarily solve the problem. It will more than likely re-occur.

We do service this model and if you wish to send it to us please contact us at any time. Our estimate for the repair and complete overhaul is flat $48.00.

Garry
www.garryscamera.com

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration