Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Everything is nearly black- Minolta M... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Everything is nearly black- Minolta Maxxum « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Philip Steffen

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, March 10, 2005 - 02:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I believe the shutter is stuck: everything is 85% black- images are only slightly visible through the view finder. Is anyone able to help walk me through a fix?

Dariush

Posted on Friday, March 11, 2005 - 02:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

from what you are describing it seems like there is nothing wrong with your shutter, its your apature control. its somehow stuck on a small apature. if you have a "Depth of field Preview" button make sure its not pressed. otherwise a new lense will be the only way to fix this problem.have you recently developed any film from this camera?

Jim Brokaw

Posted on Saturday, March 12, 2005 - 11:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Some models of Maxxum have a problem with the aperture mechanism that results in the lens always being stopped down... apparently the 'aperture base' is made of plastic and breaks somewhere. I once found a passing reference to a repair with a metal part, but no details on how to do this... except that the place wanted to send it to you. As this is an amateur camera repair forum, I want to do it myself!

Does anyone know of any details on this Minolta Maxxum aperture base problem part? Along with the original poster, I have a Maxxum 300si with this problem...

Jim Brokaw

Posted on Saturday, March 12, 2005 - 11:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I need to proofread better... my previous post, I said "...the place wanted to send it to you." What I meant was that the repair place wanted you to send in the camera and pay about $75 to get this fixed, and as I say, I want to do this myself!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration