Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Cybershot P32 lens wont open Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Cybershot P32 lens wont open « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mike

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, March 17, 2005 - 11:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've had this camera for two years and i has been working fine. Yesterday, I turned it on and got this message, "Turn the power off and on again."
Has anyone encountered this problem? If so, can it be fixed by someone?

henry

Posted on Friday, March 18, 2005 - 07:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Guess I really am going to have to rewrite the intro page and stress even more strongly...WE DON'T WANNA TALK DIGITAL CAMERAS HERE!!! The name of the site is Favorite Classics. HINT....HINT. Classics...what does that word mean?

Seems people just can't come to the realization that if they buy a plastic, electronic "Gee whiz Mom, look what I bought" camera, that if it breaks they throw it away and buy something else to show their mommy.

Did I get up on the wrong side of the bed?

Henry

Jan Dvorak

Posted on Friday, March 18, 2005 - 02:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Mike,

I second Henry's post, but will offer the following hint:

Did you "Turn the power off and on again"? If the camera did not respond, switch it off, take the battery out and leave it out for 5 - 10 minutes. Then re-insert the battery and try switching the camera on again.

If the above does not do the trick, buy a medium weight hammer and tap the camera sharply on its lens. Then dispose of it in an ecologicaly responsible manner.

All the best,

Jan

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration