Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Minolta SRT-201 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Minolta SRT-201 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Charles Fallis

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, March 18, 2005 - 02:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

How do you remove the top? I've removed the screws, the rewind knob and the winding lever, and it still won't come off. It seems to be sticking on the side of the advance lever.

rick oleson

Posted on Friday, March 18, 2005 - 06:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Have you removed the shutter speed dial and the red dot above the lens?

: ) =

M Currie

Posted on Friday, March 18, 2005 - 07:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm not much help on the removal of stuff, but if you find you need internal mechanical parts for that camera, post back. I have a complete one that was in a house fire. It's ugly, no good parts for external restoration, but the innards were all right last I checked. Shutter works, etc. As far as I know, the meter is unbroken, but I can't vouch for the electronics actually working. It got hot enough to melt plastic parts.

Charles Fallis

Posted on Friday, March 18, 2005 - 09:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Rick: Thanks. Got the shutter speed dial, but missed the other. I guess this is what comes of owning almost nothing but rangefinders and TLRs.

M. Currie: Thank you, and I'll keep your offer in mind as I get further into it.

rick oleson

Posted on Friday, March 18, 2005 - 09:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The center of the red dot is a red aluminum disc, glued on; pick it out with a sharp sewing needle and you'll find a screw slot under it. Don't try to grip this screw head with pliers, it will crush before you get a good enough grip to unscrew it.

: ) =

Charles Fallis

Posted on Sunday, March 20, 2005 - 07:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Okay, I got the top off and made my repair (replaced some weak glue in the viewfinder) but now the shutter speeds all seem to be defaulting to 1/1000 second, including bulb.

rick oleson

Posted on Monday, March 21, 2005 - 07:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The timing gears are right next to the wind lever on top. make sure nothing has been disturbed there.... this assembly is very sensitive to position, if its screws are loosened and it moves, all bets are off for shutter speeds. you might also have something into it, possibly a bit of glue from the viewfinder repair. anyway, look there first....

rick : ) =

Dan Unimatan

Posted on Friday, April 22, 2005 - 05:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hi, i have a Minolta srT202 in mint condition and I'd be interested in selling it. Can anybody tell me how much it goes for?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration