Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Yashica Electo 35 Lens Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Yashica Electo 35 Lens « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

John Allen

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, March 20, 2005 - 02:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I need some hints on how to remove the front element from an Electro 35 GT. I have done it before on a G model and it came out in a unit. On the GT, the front retaining ring unscrewed in stead of the entire element....so, I tried the inner retaining ring, and it came lose without causing the whole unit to loosen. This leaves the problem of not being able to get to the brass serrated locking ring that allows you to get to the shutter. I hope some one has ideas on how to get the front lens elements housing out.

Mike

Posted on Sunday, March 20, 2005 - 06:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi John-

I'll just pass on the only trick that ever worked for me (every time) but is not guaranteed to work for you. Tighten the retaining rings as much as you can and the the try to unscrew them. The whole unit has come out for me every time.

Good Luck!

Mike

John

Posted on Sunday, March 20, 2005 - 09:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Mike-

I've tried that once, but it didn't work. I'll do it again and really tighten them as much as I can before I try to unscrew the unit again. If this doesn't work, does anyone else have suggestions?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration