Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Nikon FE2 Meter Trouble Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Nikon FE2 Meter Trouble « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

CJ

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, March 20, 2005 - 03:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I received a Nikon FE2 - my first real camera - for Christmas this year. I've noticed that sometimes the meter just refuses to move no matter what I do, and I don't know what to do when that happens. Can it be fixed? Does it need to be fixed? Help please!

Dan Mitchell

Posted on Sunday, March 20, 2005 - 10:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The FE2 does not give any meter readings until you wind to frame 1. So, make sure the film counter is at or past the 1 mark.

Make sure you have a fresh battery and the battery contacts are clean. Try different ASA settings and see if there is a difference. A common problem on the FE2 is dirty electrical contacts. There are several of them under the top cover. Any camera repair shop can do a cleaning of those without much trouble. Its not a good first camera repair project, so I wouldn't suggest doing it yourself unless you have some experience.

The FE2 is definitely worth getting fixed. I use mine all the time and like it very much.

rebekah

Posted on Sunday, March 27, 2005 - 08:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i have a nikon fe2... when i changed the battery i took a test shot to see if the battery light went off and when i depressed the shutter it would not release... i tried removing the lens... and opening the film door and rewinding but nothing opens the shutter and lets me take a new picture... can you help?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration