Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Yashica GSN Over Slow Lamps Won't Lig... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Yashica GSN Over Slow Lamps Won't Light Up. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

rufus3898

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, March 22, 2005 - 02:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My Yashica GSN seems to work well with all shutter speeds and f stops behaving as they should but I cannot get either lamps to light for the "slow/over". I did see them flicker once when I got the camera for a second but that was it. Any help would be great thanks.

Winfried

Posted on Tuesday, March 22, 2005 - 03:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sometimes it is the latch which keeps the lower part of the shutter release shaft in the down position. Remove the bottom cover. There should be a tiny latch lever which fits into a cutout on a shaft. When turning the advance crank this latch should be released and the shutter shaft should pop upwards.

rufus3898

Posted on Tuesday, March 22, 2005 - 05:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for the tip but that does not appear to be the problem. The latch works fine and the shaft moves up. Any other hints?
Thanks.

M.Yonezawa

Posted on Tuesday, March 22, 2005 - 06:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello;

It may be a broken lamp(s) or open contact(s).
Often we find corroded wire in the old YASHICA too.

Your GSN works well for shutter control. So the electronic circuit is good.
Because the shutter control and lamp switching functions use same transistor on the circuit.

Please refer to Roger Provins' nice page.
http://www.provins.org.uk/
"Yashica Electro 35 meter schematics"

The FIG.62 and FIG.63 show current pass for those lamps.

M.Yonezawa

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration