Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Rim Set Compur Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Rim Set Compur « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mike Kovacs

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, March 23, 2005 - 08:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have an early rim set Compur 1/300 here that I need to CLA. I've got the lens elements free and there is a flat sided screw similar to the Prontor SV shutter that I turned to present the flat side inward. There is a scalloped ring that I think I need to remove to get the nameplate off but it is completely jammed.

Any ideas how to get the ring off? I'm afraid if I use penetrating oil in the threads, then I will have a real mess on my hands.

Mike Kovacs

Posted on Wednesday, March 23, 2005 - 08:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Correction - the name plate does have scallops that line-up with the scalloped ring and allows removal.

However, the scalloped ring still needs to come off in order to remove the speed ring.

Ed

Posted on Wednesday, March 23, 2005 - 09:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I guess I don't understand your message--if the name plate is off, there is nothing holding the speed ring.

Mike Kovacs

Posted on Wednesday, March 23, 2005 - 09:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You know, I think you're right. I got the speed ring off with some wiggling.

I was thinking that the scalloped piece would be threaded like the Prontor SVS on Dan's site: http://daniel.mitchell.name/cameras/prontor/prontor.html

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration