Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

How do I remove wind lever on Contina... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » How do I remove wind lever on Contina IIa for disassembly? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Gordon Zola

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, March 25, 2005 - 07:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello. I have a jammed contina IIa and would like to get the top plate off, following the excellent repair page of Robert Ian Axford. However, I cannot figure out how to remove the wind lever... Any help would be much appreciated.

Gordon Zola

Posted on Saturday, March 26, 2005 - 08:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello again. I actually found out how the wind lever is to be removed... by unscrewing the little ring around the cable release socket. However, I haven't found a good way and tool to do that without scratching anything. Will be patient on this one. If anybody has a good idea, it is most welcome. Cheerio.

rick oleson

Posted on Saturday, March 26, 2005 - 12:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm not familiar with the Contina IIa. However, in other cameras with screw-on rings that didn't have notches for a spanner, I have tried the following:

- Wrap a piece of masking tape around the ring, leaving a little tail to help you get a better grip.

- Glue a piece of rubber to the end of a wooden dowel, about the diameter of a screwdriver handle; press this down firmly on the face of the ring as you twist (if there is a shutter release button in the middle, make sure that it is able to retract out of the way - otherwise drill a hole in the center of the tool for clearance)

- if the rubber above doesn't grip well enough, apply a piece of double-sided adhesive material to the face of it. The 3M double sided foam tape and other similar products have worked well for me.

- if all else fails you may have to buy the appropriate ring-wrench from micro-tools or a similar source.

rick : ) =

Dean Williams

Posted on Sunday, April 24, 2005 - 06:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm in on this about a month late, but if you're still having troubles, I have a few pics up that may help. You have to unscrew the shutter button itself, then you can get to the rest of the assy. Look at this to see if it helps.
click here

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration