Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

SRT-101 "Puzzle of the day" !??....... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » SRT-101 "Puzzle of the day" !??.... « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Robert

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, April 01, 2005 - 01:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello again to all !!... ;-) !!...

Here's my question...

I'm presently fixing an "STR-101" !!..., and in the mirror housing chamber, there's a "floating" part, in front of the focusing screen, where there is: "what it's normaly call the mirror bumper"... This floating or maybe loose piece is "kind of hanging down" half way ?!.., like a drop curtain sort of !?.., and being pushed up by the mirror every time when pressing the shutter !?....

Is this a "Normal Thing" ?!.., in a Minolta !?.., or I'm missing a screw or a spring ?!.., holding this piece more steady in place !?....

Also !!!.......

When I removed the camera top cover, in order to repair the speed dial line !..., I chewed up that Nice Little "Red Covered Screw" !!.., sitting just under the MINOLTA name, in front a the camera view finder !?...

Anyone can spare me one !?... ;-) !!....

I really don't know "how and where" I can find another one to replace the damaged one !!..., beside being very sorry about my unknowing foolishness when I've tryed originally to unscrewed it!!.... :-( !!....

Tks !.., and Best Regards !!....
Robert...

rick

Posted on Friday, April 01, 2005 - 04:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are you talking about the vertical panel in front of the focusing screen, that has the foamie thing glued to the bottom edge? This is spring-loaded so that it hangs down below the screen and is pushed up by the mirror, Minolta's version of a mirror-damping system I guess. As long as it goes up and down smoothly, it's normal. I've never seen it in anything other than a Minolta...

Good luck finding the screw - the only source will be another SRT, but there are parts cameras around.... if you don't get any offers here you might try either bidding on a parts body, taking what you need and reselling the rest, or contacting the buyer of one after an auction closes and see if he can sell you the screw (i replaced my lens latch button this way).... in the meantime, a regular chrome screw might look better there than the damaged original.

: ) =

Ed

Posted on Saturday, April 02, 2005 - 07:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

a drop of red paint does fine

rick

Posted on Saturday, April 02, 2005 - 07:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes, if all you've lost is the little aluminum dot out of the center, just fill the hollow with red paint. I was thinking more in terms of damaging the screw itself.... the first one of these I encountered many years ago, I tried to remove with pliers and crushed the hollow screw head beyond recovery.

As the saying goes, good judgement comes from experience .... and experience comes from bad judgement.

: ) =

Robert

Posted on Saturday, April 02, 2005 - 11:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello !!..., "Don" & "Rick" !!...

and Many Tks !.., for the informations !!...
;-) !!...

Yes indeed, experience comes from bad judgement !!.., but the good news is: "The screw is still in good shape" !!... Only the little chrome ring covering and holding the Red Dot.., is kind of "chew up badly !!.., and presently kind of "Square in shape" !!.... :-( !!...

With Patience !!.., "Tender Care" !!.., and a drop of Red Paint, I should be able to revived the look of that little face screw !!.... :-) !!... At least untill I find a good looking screw replacement !!... ;-) !!...

Tks !.., for your help !!... and will let you know about the final outcome !!....

Regards !!....
R.........

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration