Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Yashice Electro 35 GT, batt ok, no li... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Yashice Electro 35 GT, batt ok, no lights only have 1 speed « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

bart

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, April 01, 2005 - 02:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've spent a lot of time reviewing the archives for help. but could'nt find the info needed. My GT has a new battery, the battery check light works, but the over / under lights do not work and I only have the default 500 speed shutter. I have 2 other 35's and actually fixed one a few years ago, hopefully, it's not to serious.

greyhoundman

Posted on Friday, April 01, 2005 - 03:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Check the pad of death. here is a good site for reference.

http://www.yashica-guy.com/document/repair.html

bart

Posted on Monday, April 04, 2005 - 07:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I read earlier that even with a destroyed pad, the lights will work. I don't think that is my problem

john

Posted on Wednesday, April 13, 2005 - 05:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If you have only one speed, this would suggest that either the power is not getting to the controller, or there is a problem somewhere in the controller circuit, but you never know unless the pad is in good condition.

Fixing the pad should always be the first step - I just worked on a GT that had power and would produce a yellow light all the time, with only one shutter speed. Fixing the pad has fixed all the issues, I get a full range of shutter speeds and both lights show as appropriate.

If your pad is OK, check that the sliding switches are in good order - I have had one that looked OK but was not actually making contact on one of the fingers.

After that, check the small contacts above the pad are in good condition and actually separate when you press the release down, if not the control circuit will not energise.

Check the aperture contacts inside the lens are all clean, and that the mode selector fingers have not broken and left you permanently in flash mode. Ensure that both yellow wires from the lens are to the capacitor are in good condition and that the flash contact has not frozen on.

Finally check the timing capacitor and the light sensor are OK (cannot be done in circuit).

I would suggest going to Roger's site at Provins and looking at the circuit diagrams there - the values are different from the GS/GT to the GSN/GTN, but the circuit is essentially the same.

If all that fails, it could be that the control module is u/s and will need replacing.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration