Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Konica fc-1 shutter problem Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Konica fc-1 shutter problem « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

kuneboy

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, April 05, 2005 - 11:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi all,
i am having trouble with the above camera. After taking several shots off a new film the mirror inside the camera stays open, but the shutter is closed. I beleve this is a symptom of flat batteries, hence i have replaced them on 2-3 occaisions.
Any reasons for this problem?? Solutions??

Thanks

rick oleson

Posted on Wednesday, April 06, 2005 - 06:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This doesn't sound like a battery problem. If the shutter has closed and the mirror is still up, it may just be that the foam in front of the focusing screen has gotten sticky and the mirror is sticking to it. Remove the lens and release the shutter at a slow speed - if the mirror stays up, try pulling down very gently with a fingernail at the front edge of it. If the mirror pops right down when you do this, it just needs good foam (I can recommend a source). If it resists, don't force it.... in that case, the linkage needs cleaning and/or lubrication.

rick : ) =

kuneboy

Posted on Wednesday, April 06, 2005 - 07:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hi,
i can pull the mirror down but it just springs back up. Also i cannot release the shutter again, and i cant wind the film on further. It just feels like the camera is in a jammed state, yet the mirror is free to move. The only way i have found to remedy this is to open the camera back, this returns it to a working state, however this ruins the film and resets the counter. The camera then "jamms" after a random number of shots on the new film, or even without film loaded.
I really want to fix this problem as i have found this camera to be excelent and dont want to have to buy a new one.

Thanks

ramsiyer

Posted on Thursday, May 12, 2005 - 08:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Me too having the same problem. Any solutions. Thanks. Ram Iyer, Malaysia

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration