Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Mamiya RB lens firing delay Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Mamiya RB lens firing delay « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

bart

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, April 06, 2005 - 08:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My standard 127mm lense for the RB works OK except for the fact that when the trigger is depressed the mirror swings up but the shutter hesitates between 1/2 sec. and 1 1/2 sec. before it trips. The shutter speed seems to be correct. The slower speeds keep the shutter open longer, the faster speeds open and close quickly. The only problem is the speratic time delay. I'm afraid eventually the shutter will not fire altogether. Any thoughts?

Paul Ron

Posted on Wednesday, April 06, 2005 - 05:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Bart, I just returned your e-mial but if you didn't get it...

This sounds like the shutter needs a good cleaning n lube.

First... Does the shutter have the same delay when off the camera body? This eliminates the body as the delay source. Sometimes springs in the body either are weak or broken causing the ring not to travel as fast as it should.

Check it out off camera to be sure, then get back to me?

Paul...NYC

bart

Posted on Thursday, April 07, 2005 - 06:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm at work now, will check later today, Never figuered out how to trip lens off camera though,didn't want to force anything. I also have a 65mm lenses, which come to think of it delayed a very few times. maybe you can walk me thru the check out.
Thanks

paul ron

Posted on Thursday, April 07, 2005 - 09:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

When you take the lens off the camera it should be cocked, the 2 pins are resting at the green dots. you'll notice a silver pin, push it in and rotate the the 2 pin at the green dot, this will fire the shutter. Any dealys?

To cock it again, just rotate the pins to the red dots and it will then rest at the green dots where it will be locked again.

***Don't forget to cock the camera and the lens before mounting it again.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration