Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Nikon FE with Dent at Battery Check S... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Nikon FE with Dent at Battery Check Switch « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Richard

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, April 07, 2005 - 11:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just bought an old Nikon FE based on photos that were excellent. On getting it however, there is a dent right at the battery check switch and the battery check light is always on when a new battery is inserted. The meter doesn't register light, I suspect because of the damage to the check battery switch. Is this likely? If I take the top cover off, is it possible to tap out the dent from the inside without creating more damage? How big a deal is it to take off the top cover?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

CJ

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, April 07, 2005 - 11:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Richard,

I think Rick Oleson is your man for this one--check out his site; it's a fair bet that he's very accurately diagrammed the FE or at least a close variant.

I can't recall where I saw this, but it's not impractical to remove the top (or bottom, in the pic I saw) and pound the dent out with a hammer & piece of wood.

Cheers,

-CJ

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration