Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

MINOLTA X7A Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » MINOLTA X7A « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Tricia Swain

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, April 10, 2005 - 01:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi. I have a Minolta x7A that I LOVE and do not want to give up! Lately, when I take pictures, there is a black line on the side of the photos, that range from 1/2" to 1" sometimes. Also, the pictures look grainy. I have tried a different lens,settings, films, etc. Nothing is working! I live on an island away from everything and there are no real camera shops within a 200 mile radius-please help!

J.Ed

Posted on Wednesday, April 13, 2005 - 12:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are these pictures taken with Flash? If so check your shutter speed setting to be sure it's at sync (1/60th). If it's all photos, I'm afraid it's time for service.

Mike

Posted on Wednesday, April 13, 2005 - 05:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If they are not flash photos, it's most likely a shutter magnet problem on this model.

Straightforward repair but requires major surgery to access the magnet for service. The pictures look grainy because they are very underexposed- the shutter magnet is not holding the shutter open for the required time.

Ava

Posted on Wednesday, June 14, 2006 - 09:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, I have a Minotla X7A. I don't know How well that mine Works Because I have never Got it Set and Fixed due to Some Problems that we were having at the Time.

I do Wish to Get it Fixed and would Appreciate any help that I can be Given in Doing so. I'm not sure if tehre is a Real Problem or not as I haven't yet gotten the chance to work with it. However I do know that the Shuter is Open on this one. My Brothers That We have Enjoyed for Years the Shutter Died on it sometime Back and this one was bought as a Replacement Camera so all the Lenses and Stuff could be Used.

Please Help as I would love to use this Camera if I get to go to a concert that I want to go to over the july 4th weekend.

Thanks Again.
Ava

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration