Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Kalimar K-90 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Kalimar K-90 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Harlee

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, April 16, 2005 - 08:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Today I picked up a virtually new Kalimar K-90/1000 camera body and lens for a song. Realizing this isn't exactly a red hot item, it's in new condition and I believe it's a Chinese copy of a Ricoh KR10 Super II, with a 1/2000 top shutter speed and a F1.7 lens, vertical running metal shutter, hot shoe, Pentax mount, etc. The only thing I have noticed is the rewind lever is sort of wobbley. There is a cap on the rewind lever but I'm not sure if it unscrews or if the round leatherette covering on the rewind lever prys up revealing a screw under it that will tighten up the rewind lever. Anybody know anything about this Kalimar, and does the Ricoh have the same setup?

rick oleson

Posted on Sunday, April 17, 2005 - 05:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i'm not familiar with the kalimar. on my ricoh XR7, the plastic fascia of the wind lever was held on by a single screw from below, visible if you pulled the lever out to the ready position. once that was off, the actual metal lever was attached by a screw, and this could indeed work loose. after retightening it, a drop of paint might be helpful to keep it from backing off.

the other possibility is that the hub is a screw. lifting the leatherette may reveal either a regular screw head or a pair of spanner holes to loosen or tighten it. this could be either a right- or a left-hand thead, but if it's not tight this will become obvious. if you don't have a pin spanner, tweezer points can be used in the spanner holes.

Harlee

Posted on Monday, April 18, 2005 - 07:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Rick,

I found that screw underneath the wind lever quite by accident, unscrewed it and lo and behold, the plastic housing came off and I was able to simply tighten the metal wind lever. After what you wrote, I'm convienced that the Kalimar K90 is virtually an exact Chinese copy of the Ricoh models. I picked it up simply as a plaything because I was curious what sort of pics it will turn out. Thanks again.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration