Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Olympus 35RC aperture problem Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Olympus 35RC aperture problem « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

choli

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, April 17, 2005 - 11:05 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hi, the aperture of my RC does not work. first of all, the aperture ring cannot be turned to beyond f/11. Secondly, when i turned the aperture ring from f/8 to f/2.8, the leaf of the aperture did not widen up accordingly.

is it hard to repair?

robert

Posted on Sunday, April 17, 2005 - 02:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My RC aperture doesn't change as I turn the ring. It moves to the correct aperture only moment before the shutter fires (after the shutter was half pressed).

choli

Posted on Sunday, April 17, 2005 - 08:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

thanx robert! I think u r correct.

but for my first problem, i still cannot turn the aperture beyond f/11. Actually, i just bid this camera from ebay, should i try to repair it or just return it to the seller? can this situation be repaired at all?

does anyone have the same problem? thanx in advance.

rick oleson

Posted on Monday, April 18, 2005 - 10:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i'm sure it's repairable, but i don't think i've ever encountered it so i can't say how easy it would be. the easy answer would be to return it...

: ) =

Ian

Posted on Wednesday, April 20, 2005 - 08:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've run into this on two RC's. The switch that operates the Auto mode gets all bent out of shape and gets in the way of the aperature ring movement. Yours is particularly bad, mine will turn all the way to 22, but then want to spring back to 16. I'm still looking for a "working" camera so that I can figure out what shape and position a "good" switch is in. These camera's are not that hard to take apart...but I'd advise you to take digital pictures as you go step by step, so that you can remember how the thing goes back together.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration