Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Iskra with damaged lens Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Iskra with damaged lens « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

clarence

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, April 23, 2005 - 05:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello,

I've managed to procure what I believe is something of a rarity: an Iskra medium-format rangefinder. It cost me only 20 Singapore dollars (US$12) because the camera has sustained considerable damage. The lens won't fold into the camera body as it should, nor does it extend fully out, nor can it focus, nor can shutter speed be adjusted.

But I was pleasantly surprised to find, upon opening the camera's back, that it contained a finished roll of 120 film with Cyrillic on the paper.

Naturally, I want to develop this film, but I need to go someplace where they'll give this relic the respect it deserves.

Also, the temptation to try and repair the camera is too great. I'd probably have to replace the lens with another lens that also has a between-the lens shutter. The Iskra is a thing of brutal, elegant beauty, and it would be nice to be able to use it once again.

The replacement of the lens would, I suppose, be complicated. I would appreciate any suggestions.

You may find photos of it at

http://www.toxpose.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3652

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration