Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Rolleiflex sl35 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Rolleiflex sl35 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Bill Crow

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, April 23, 2005 - 06:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Recently some gave me a Rolleiflex SL35 that needs work. I'm trying to figure a few things out. Would appreciate receiving some direction.

The camera is in good shape but...there is no battery but the contacts are clean. I don't know if its has is a mechanical or electronic shutter. The mirror is locked in up position. I suppose this explains why the winder doesn't at this point. The shutter curtain is closed and seems to be in good shape. Otherwise, the camera has no dings and seems to be generally in good shape.

The lens is in good shape.

I'm not a repair person and don't know much about Rolleiflexs but have always been under the they were good cameras.

I will visit this site again but welcome direct responses.

[email protected]

Robert

Posted on Monday, April 25, 2005 - 01:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The SL35 is pretty much a copy of the Spottie, but with refinements.
The black button in front of the advance lever is to stop down the lens and turn on the meter, which takes a PX625 battery. I don't think the circuit is voltage dependant, so a common alkaline battery might work just fine.
The big problem I've seen with SL35's is that old age has hardened the wire insulation, so it's rock hard and transmittis the slightest bump to the solder connections - which break.
The SL35 also suffers from the same mirror box cocking problem as the Spottie.

Ella

Posted on Tuesday, April 26, 2005 - 10:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I bought a Rollei sl35 for my boyfriend. The camera works well, but the shutter occasionally sticks and the winder seems to not function all the time ( double exposure at end of film). Also, the focus is soemwhat inconsistent. What should we be looking to have repaired?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration