Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Industar 50 on a Zorki 6 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Industar 50 on a Zorki 6 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

David

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, April 23, 2005 - 11:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Has anyone disassembled an Industar 50 lens? This is the rigid nickel finish lens as fitted to the mid-sixties Zorki-6 cameras. My lens has a few problems, like the focus distance scale being in the wrong position, and there being some play in the focus ring operation.

greyhoundman

Posted on Sunday, April 24, 2005 - 01:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This is a good site for refurbishing one.

http://www.jay.fedka.com/index_files/Page325.htm

David

Posted on Monday, April 25, 2005 - 10:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Unfortunately, thats about the much earlier collapsible lens. Its nothing like mine.

Roman Dubravsky

Posted on Tuesday, April 26, 2005 - 03:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Where do you live? I can repair it, but I'm living in Czech (Europe).

David Nebenzahl

Posted on Wednesday, April 27, 2005 - 11:05 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So you're talking about the much-maligned fixed I-50, which I've heard referred to as the "pig-eye" lens, right?

First of all, I'd like to say that this is by no means a crappy lens. I don't even think it looks bad, unless one's idea of acceptable photo hardware begins and ends with Leitz (or must be macho black).

I took mine apart, cleaned, lubed and reassembled it with no difficulty. Unfortunately, I don't recall any details of this lens' construction. If you've had any experience at all with lens repair, I'd say just go for it; it's obvious how everything fits together (unlike, say, the Jupiter-9 85mm lens, which is like a Rubik's Cube by comparison).

Nick Pyner

Posted on Wednesday, August 17, 2005 - 10:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This lens is made of very soft aluminium. If the focus ring has play it is probably worn out and there is not much you can do about it other than than give the thread a good coating of silicon grease and hope.

The two rings are located with grub screws and really can only be out by 120 deg.

The red 3.5 is at the top. I don't think it is necessary to remove this ring to service the focus thread.

The ring with the focus scale on it can be easily removed, revealing the pin that rotates between two stops. If this is removed the barrel can be screwed out and cleaned. This is a multi start thread. The correct thread is self-evident. At infinity it is almost screwed home when the pin hits the stop.

Daniel Ridings

Posted on Tuesday, January 17, 2006 - 12:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Better late than never:

http://www.xs4all.nl/~tomtiger/zenrep/indus.html

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration